Friday, February 26, 2010

TGIF

I seemed to have survived last night’s vicious attack by my thought life as it attempted to have me submit to it’s evil impulses, and force me to give a digestive offering to the big white ceramic urn. It’s a new day, and I won the battle. I am the victor, I have overcome. As a trophy, I get to enjoy the victory on the last day of my work week; Friday.

Yes, it’s Friday. That’s the day I go to work in the morning, and finish my day in the morning. On Fridays I get to say “good morning” to my beloved wife as soon as my eyes wake from sleep, and just a few hours later, when I finish my work day, I get to say “good morning” again. I love Fridays. There is no down side to this arrangement. I do have to put in four 9 hour days to get here, but I find it well worth it. Yes, you get to laugh at me as you drive past my place of employment, and say something to the effect "that the poor loser is still working". But come on, what are you doing at home in that hour? Preparing for supper? Reading your email? You’ve got to admit that being off work for half a day after just four hours, beats being off work one lousy hour for four days.

So, here I am enjoying my four hours of work.... um,... writing this blog, looking forward to going home for the day in just a couple hours. What will I do today? I’ll spend some quality time with my best friend (my wife), maybe work in the shop a while. But, before I do all that, I’ll drive past your place of employment and yell, LOSER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment